2,500 contractors‘ employees reached through a programme designed to promote safe behaviour
673 patients surveyed about their satisfaction with the services provided by Linde’s REMEO® programme and improvement projects developed as a result
Further invest in the development of efficient hydrogen refuelling technology and in setting up a supply infrastructure
Continue to test the technology for even more energy-efficient carbon capture and forge ahead with its commercialisation
We combine long-term business success with ecological and social responsibility. Sustainability is therefore an important part of our Group strategy. That is why we constantly analyse the impact of our business operations on people and on the environment and incorporate sustainability topics in our core business. Our innovations and products enable us to make a contribution towards sustainable development and support our customers’ efforts, for example, to increase their energy efficiency or reduce their emissions. We underline our commitment to sustainable development by supporting the principles set out in the United Nations Global Compact. We have also reviewed our contribution to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and have published a summary of this on our website.
The sustainable development activities we pursue are based on established principles:
- Materiality: We concentrate on topics which are of great importance to our business success and to people and the environment.
- Core business: We incorporate sustainability topics in the key business processes of our Group. We consider the impact of our business activity throughout the life-cycle of our products.
- Continuous improvement: We continually analyse how sustainability enables us to exploit business opportunities and to minimise risks. We set ourselves quantitative and qualitative targets and use corporate responsibility indicators to measure our progress.
- Transparency: We report on a regular basis on our sustainability activities and engage with our stakeholders on this subject. We use the knowledge derived from this dialogue in our sustainability management.
The values and principles of our Group are set out in the Linde Spirit and describe how we want to achieve our corporate goals.
- Empowering people
- Innovating for customers
- Thriving through diversity
- Passion to excel
In our internal guidelines, we set out the way in which we assume our obligations in the Group. Our Code of Ethics defines clear standards which govern how our employees interact with each other and conduct themselves towards stakeholders, such as customers, suppliers, the authorities and business partners. The Code of Ethics is binding for all employees in The Linde Group. Our Code of Ethics is supplemented by other global guidelines and standards which concern our commitment in core areas such as safety, environmental and health protection, product stewardship, supplier management and compliance. We base our standards on internationally recognised guidelines and principles. These include:
- the German Corporate Governance Code,
- the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
- the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises,
- the ILO International Labour Standards,
- the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights,
- the ten principles of the UN Global Compact and
- the Responsible Care Global Charter.
Key topics in the Code of Ethics of The Linde Group
- Corporate responsibility
- Protecting company assets and company secrets
- Competition and antitrust law
- Human rights and dealing with each other
- Purchasing and conflicts of interest
- International trade
- Financial reporting and insider dealing
- Data protection
- Government and political activities
- Communication and advertising
- Safety, Health, Environment and Quality